Thursday, January 1

The last of the dregs of 2008

Omar was up when I left the tent today for coffee... he didn't have much to say, although it appeared that he was doing a little more serious praying today...

When I returned to the tent just before midnight, Omar was no where to be seen, but I heard him... after searching the tent high and low I found him hovered under my cot and curled up in a ball...

He was whining and shaking and I asked him "what in the world is wrong..."  He said "IT'S THE END OF TIME, WE WILL ALL DIE"... Of course I was concerned and asked him "why will we all die?"... he replied to me "It is ended, there is no more of 2008 !!! we will perish."

I told him "No Omar, we won't perish, it just means that we will start a new year and it will be 2009".  He says to me "you mean we will still live tomorrow?", I said "barring any catastrophic events, the sun will rise in the sky, you will wake up grumpy and I will go to coffee".  He seemed sated by that explanation so I left him. 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

1 comment:

Leann said...

It will be interesting to see what adventures Omar will experience in 2009.