Friday, December 26

"Christmas Day" excitement abounds...

Yesterday after I got back from finding some coffee, Omar was up and about and jumping around in abstract anticipation of the 'gift opening' that surely would follow.

I gave him his present, and in no time he had literally shredded the wrapping paper and was holding the box in which his gift resided...

He looked at me and eagerly tore open the box to reveal the gift... inside he found a dainty pair of scissors and a little comb and a nifty little brush.  He looked at them then at me, rather quizzically I must say.  I told him "It's a grooming kit for your beard..."  He said to me "but I am not getting married", I responded "No, Omar, not that kind of groom".  It took a bit of work but finally he understood what it was for.

He quickly scampered under the tree and returned with the 'gift' he had wrapped for me... upon closer examination I realized that Omar had no idea of how much tape to use to wrap a gift... let alone the fact that it was 'duct' tape.

My thought is that he used at least a full roll of that sticky stuff... He started to shout "Open it, Open it, Open my gift to you!!!".  I started to peel off the tape.  Almost an hour it took me to unwrap the gift, I was really tuckered out with all the effort.

Once I finally got down to the actual gift, I tore off the paper and what should I find... The single largest hair ball ever encountered by modern man... Needless to say I was taken aback... I asked Omar, "What exactly am I supposed to do with this???" He told me "It is a kit"... I says to him, "a kit to do what??" He tells me "to make a mohair sweater..." I was speechless, a condition I am not accustomed to.  

After a few moments to compose myself I told him "Thank you, Omar, that is very considerate of you".  With that, our Christmas gift session came to a close and I was left to wonder what might come next... after all, my birthday approaches soon and I don't know that I want him to know about it...

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

No comments: