Wednesday, December 3

Achieving an 'altered state'...

Omar has kept a relatively low profile since his experience in the world of electricity.  He seems to avoid the lamp now, I do believe that he's developed a healthy respect for its ability to 'enlighten him'.

When I got back to the tent from delivering meals, he was sitting cross legged on the floor on a little rug and had his hands clasped in his lap and he seemed to be far away...  I asked him what he had been up to in my absence and he pondered for a moment and then he said "I have achieved Divinity"... Now this took me aback as him being a devout Muslim, I didn't think that he would be associating with a certain "Christian religious state..." I pursued an explanation.

How, said I, can you possibly achieve the state of Divinity, when as an Arab, you are so closely associated and deeply rooted in the teachings of the Muslim holy book, the "Koran"??? 

He then slyly pointed to the plate on the counter, the plate that normally held my Christmas candy and which had, when I left this morning, been piled with fresh pieces of divinity fudge... but now was glaringly empty.

I chased him around the tent for the better part of 15 minutes until he sneakily exited the flap... Revenge will be mine....

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

2 comments:

Leann said...

Oh too funny!! You will have to take to hiding such goddies from him :-)

Leann said...

goodies I mean