Monday, January 19

He's bacccccccckkkkkkk...

Retuning from coffee this morning, I noticed that the tent flap wasn't fastened, I distinctly remember closing it as I left.

Upon entering, who should I see sitting crosslegged in the middle of the tent but my dear friend Omar... I asked him "hey buddy, where ya been and when did ya get back here?", he peered up at me with those large black eyes and scraggly beard and said "I was never gone"...

Well I says "Just where is it that you have been then?", he replied "I was in the dungeon and took a mystical journey".  This of course piqued my curiosity and I said "where exactly did this journey take you Omar??".

He said "to the land of 70 virgins", I coughed and almost choked on that one and then replied "there is no land of 70 virgins...", he tells me then "but that is what we were promised by Allah..".  I said "perhaps 70 virginians will be waiting for you?" 

He said, "No, they were virgins I am pretty sure".  Of course I could have debated this to no end but there was no purpose.

I asked him is he was going to still keep studying and pursuing his graduation from Grade School.  He said "I will study hard because I want to get my diploma before 'Achmed' comes again..." Needless to say, my blood started to run cold and my chest tightened a bit with that revelation.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

1 comment:

Leann said...

It's nice to see him back. I miss reading of his adventures and hair brained schemes.