Wednesday, December 10

The Mystic mystery of Santa...

Omar was buzzing around the tent this morning when I returned with Ralphy.  They both seemed happy to see each other and of course that made me feel good too.  

You see, Omar and Ralphy share the same bed which is kinda cute because Omar, being of diminutive size, seems to fit in the doggy bed just as well as Ralphy does.

As I was making my hot chocolate, Omar asked me "Who is this 'Santa' guy and why does he always go 'Ho, Ho, Ho'??, is it because he has a harem and is rounding up the women...??" , I choked on my hot chocolate and after a brief coughing spell I told him that Santa delivers toys to all the good children...

Omar thought for a moment then asked me "Well, does he deliver to good little Arab's too?"..  I pondered this for a moment then told him "There are no good little Arabs that I know of".  He quickly replied "I am a good little Arab aren't I?".

I told him that "Santa will likely be putting a lump of Coal in your stocking this year because of all the turmoil you caused here in the tent".  

He shuffled his slippers on the tent floor and had a pretty forlorn look on his face so I told him "if you could do 3 good deeds before Christmas, Santa might reconsider".  He gleefully jumped for joy, spilled my hot chocolate all over the floor and ran over to share the good news with Ralphy who until that moment had been soundly asleep.

I told him he needed to clean up the mess so he headed off to the cleaning supply closet to get some rags.

I am a little worried about what 3 good deeds Omar will come up with... I shall keep a wary eye on him.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

1 comment:

Leann said...

It will indeed be interesting to see what Omar decerns as 'good'. It might make for some interesting weeks until Christmas.